Giving something back
Apart from a solid academic basis Herlufsholm also wants you to go through a personal development of character where you learn to become a responsible person. That is why we encourage all our students to take part in voluntary work.
Voluntary work gives you the chance for close relations with other people who often have different backgrounds from you. This will develop your empathic skills and give you experiences on many levels. In this way you will be better at facing challenges that require generosity, courage, imagination and firmness of principle.
We can help you to get involved in charity and have established cooperation with a number of institutions, both domestic and foreign.
At the school
- Tutor work
- Help in the school café or fitness center
- Nurseries Lagunen and Spiloppen
- Sam-X/Danish Refugee Help
- Voluntary Center Næstved
- Project Frivillig (Voluntary)
- Round Square Projects, e.g. in Kenya, South Africa, Peru and Thailand
- Eye Camps, i.e. in India, where students alongside other international schools carry out sight tests and choose classes for locals
Hear a student from Herlufsholm tell about her experience with Round Sqaure service projects: